By Sam Klugherz
As a bicycle-friendly city, Philadelphia is home to many welcoming bike shops and repair centers that offer exceptional service and gear selections. In the past few months, several of Philly’s bike shops have moved to new locations.
Additionally, a few new shops have opened or are coming soon to the city. Here’s a list of some recent moves and openings of bike shops in Philly:
- VeloJawn is a brand new bike shop located at 3946 Lancaster Avenue. The West Philadelphia bike shop is opening a few days from now on June 8th, and the staff is hosting a grand opening bike ride at their shop on the same day at 10am. VeloJawn will be focused on three main values as a new bike repair shop: expert service, advice, and a community focus. In our opinion they’re already knocking the “community focus” element out of the park, as a Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling (BCYC) alum-owned and operated shop and the official SAG and mechanic support for BCYC races this season. Follow VeloJawn on Facebook and Instagram.
- Keystone Bicycle Co. is a new full-service bicycle shop in Philadelphia coming soon to the city. Keystone will strive to be a hub for cycling advocacy with a goal of making biking more accessible to community members. It is a worker-owned cooperative, and its worker-owners plan to offer workshops to share knowledge and build independence in Philly cyclists. For updates, follow Keystone Bicycle Co. on Instagram.
- Germantown Bicycle Supply is a new shop from the folks behind Cycles PHL. The shop will be located at 5901 Wayne Ave in Philadelphia. You can follow along with updates about their opening on Instagram.
- Mechanic Cycling is a new service-focused shop coming to 376 West Lancaster Avenue in Haverford this summer. Their mechanics have over 20 years of experience, and their mission is to provide professional services in a welcoming setting and share knowledge through friendly conversation. Follow them on Instagram for updates.
- Cadence Cycling & Multisport Centers is a local favorite that received 2018 Best of Philly award for the best Bike Repair Shop in the city. The shop moved to a new location at 3740 Main St a few days ago, which is just a few doors down from its previous location. You can visit Cadence on Facebook here.
- Bicycle Revolutions, known for its comfortable shop feel, recently relocated to 1300 S Christopher Columbus Blvd. After moving in March of this year, Bicycle Revolutions continues to sell top quality bikes and accessories based on the collective experience of the shop staff. Find Bicycle Revolutions on Facebook here.
- Firth & Wilson Transport Cycles is a full-service bike shop specializing in transportation and cargo bicycles. Transport Cycles has two locations. One of their shops is located in South Philly at 1901 S. 9th Street (entrance at 821 Dudley St.), and the other shop in Olde Kensington, not far from its previous location in Fishtown, is at 1315 N Howard Street. Click here for the Transport Cycles Facebook page.
- Trophy Bikes sells bikes and gear for all cycling activities and uses. The address for Trophy Bikes as of February is 611 N. 2nd St, just a block from their old location. Trophy Bikes is the leading Philly-area dealer of Brompton folding bikes, as well as the largest Surly Bikes dealer in Philly. The Facebook page for Trophy Bikes is here.
2,046 total views, 1 views today