Anyone who rides around Philadelphia knows that many of the protected bike lanes need help.
And this is the kind of job that the Vision Zero Maintenance Crew created by Mayor Kenney in his FY19 budget is supposed to tackle.
We conducted a count of broken or missing delineator flex posts on the following streets and found at least 70 missing or damaged flex posts. We reported that number and locations to the Streets Department in late May.
In turn, the Streets Department responded with the following details:
- JFK Boulevard – all posts will be replaced by the City when PennDOT repaves the roadway this fall
- Market St. — All posts will be replaced and thermoplast will be laid down when JFK is repaved
- Ryan Avenue – All missing and damaged posts have been replaced as of Thursday, June 20th
- Frankford Avenue – Replacement of missing and damaged posts is being scheduled this summer
- West Chestnut Street – A dozen flexible delineator posts were replaced in June, west of 40th Street
- South St. Bridge – The Philadelphia Streets Department and CHOP disagree about which of them is responsible for maintaining the posts on the Bridge. Until the two entities figure this out, the posts will not be replaced.
2,357 total views, 1 views today